East Lothian Council Jobs is a local authority in the Scottish Borders. It is responsible for a wide range of services, including education, social care, housing, and environmental services. The council employs over 4,000 people and is always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join its team.
There are currently a variety of jobs available at East Lothian Council, across a range of sectors. Some of the most popular job categories include:
- Education: The council employs over 2,000 teachers and support staff. There are also opportunities for teaching assistants, nursery nurses, and other education professionals.
- Social care: The council provides a range of social care services, including care for the elderly, disabled people, and children. There are opportunities for care workers, social workers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Housing: The council owns and manages over 10,000 homes. There are opportunities for housing officers, maintenance workers, and other housing professionals.
- Environmental services: The council is responsible for waste collection, recycling, and street cleaning. There are opportunities for binmen, recycling operatives, and other environmental professionals.
The salary for jobs at East Lothian Council varies depending on the role and level of experience. The average salary ranges from approximately £19,692 per year for Grounds Manager to £60,830 per year for Head of Finance.
Table of Benefits
|Competitive salary and benefits package
|The salary and benefits package at East Lothian Council is competitive and includes a range of benefits such as pension, holiday entitlement, and sick pay.
|Good working environment and supportive colleagues
|East Lothian Council is committed to providing a good working environment for its employees. The council has a number of policies in place to promote a positive and supportive work culture.
|Opportunities for development and progression
|East Lothian Council offers a variety of opportunities for employees to develop their skills and progress their careers. The council has a number of training and development programs available, as well as opportunities for promotion.
|Flexible working arrangements
|East Lothian Council is committed to providing flexible working arrangements for its employees. This means that employees can work flexibly to suit their individual needs and circumstances.
|Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
|East Lothian Council is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The council has a number of policies in place to promote diversity and inclusion, and to create a workplace where everyone feels welcome and valued.
Availablity for East Lothian Council Jobs
|Customer Service Advisor
How to apply for a job at East Lothian Council:
To apply for a job at East Lothian Council, you can either:
- Apply online through the MyJobScotland website.
- Apply in person at any East Lothian Council library.
- Send your CV and a cover letter to the relevant department.
The closing date for applications varies for each job, so it is important to check the job advert carefully.